37th ISS – Call for Papers
The 37th International Seating Symposium (ISS), the world’s largest education conference focusing on seating and mobility, and other related assistive technologies, invites attendees to submit quality abstracts to be considered for conference courses. The theme for the 2021 conference is “Showing Our Value.” The Call for Papers will open on May 4, 2020 and close on July 12, 2020.
To maintain the high quality of presentations at the symposium and to encourage innovative discussion and advancement of the field, proposals will be evaluated and scored for:
- Innovation: new topics that have not been presented at prior/other conferences
- Quality of references
Submission decisions will be emailed to prospective presenters in September 2020.
Click here to make your submission.
Note: Paper submission process is managed by Cvent. Cvent is compatible with Internet Explorer (IE) 11, as well as the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Not sure which browser you’re using? Find out by clicking here. Download the latest version for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
All presentation types are listed below. Further information regarding each category can be found by clicking the presentation type.
- 1 Hour Conference Presentation
- 15 Minute Paper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- 4 Hour Preconference Presentation
- 8 Hour Preconference Presentation
Presenters are limited to 1 submission per submission type. For example, you may submit 1, 1 Hour Conference Presentation and 1 Poster. You may not submit 2, 1 Hour Conference Presentations.
Presenters may not submit on anyone else’s behalf.
Proposed Areas of Consideration
Courses related to the following, or other relevant AT areas will be reviewed for content:
- Pediatric Seating and Mobility
- Adult Seating and Mobility
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Powered Wheelchairs
- Information Communication Technology (Smart Apps, Home Automation)
- Service Delivery and Operations Management
- Home Modifications
Accepted and scheduled presenters will receive the following concessions. Discounts and offers are limited to the primary speakers and cannot be combined or shared with any other presenters. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and lodging fees.
- 1 Hour Conference Presentation – 50% Early Bird Conference Registration Discount
- (Registration Fee becomes $364.50)
- 4 Hour or 8 Hour Preconference Presentation – Free Conference Registration
- Paper and Poster Presenters – No Concessions